I started CrossFit in 2013 after my girlfriend went to a class and recommended I give it a go. My first class was a beginners class, which was where we learned all of the movements. At the time I thought “oh this is pretty cool it’s just strength training I could use this for my rugby training”, but it was the first WOD (Workout Of the Day) that I did that really made an impression on me. It was hard. I remember sitting down on the floor afterward, sweating, breathing heavily, but wanting to go again! Ever since I have been hooked and loving it!
The thing I love the most about CrossFit is how even a small guy like myself can really keep up with the big boys. I’ve played rugby and hockey all through College and played 4 years of club Rugby and Hockey. I was the guy who went to every training and tried my best but with no real results. I also went to regular gyms but ended up just listening to my music and walking around. In CrossFit, time, effort, and consistency really does pay off.
As a coach, I love to teach Olympic lifting movements. It is very technical, one little adjustment can make the biggest difference and that’s why I love it. I also like talking about tactics when it comes to WODs. CrossFit is a thinking sport as well as a physical sport.
I recently gained my Level Two Trainers certificate. I really started thinking seriously about coaching when I realized how much I loved helping people after classes and during competitions. I then started interning at WOF and am now a Head Coach at WOF CrossFit. I love seeing people progress with any sort of movement whether it be there first double under, a 1kg pb, or first workout finished before time cap.
At WOF I have made so many friends, it is a very fun and friendly place to learn and sweat!
Hey, I am Anastasia and I own this amazing place with my husband Sam since 2013.
My journey with fitness started in 2010 when i found Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). All i wanted is to build up my fitness and let me explore my very competitive side. I found I thrived in the supportive and competitive environment and had my first kickboxing fight in April 2011. In August 2011, I represented New Zealand in an MMA fight in Australia. I have competed in numerous public sparring for kickboxing and MMA.
The confidence and strength I found from MMA led to my passion for training women to become more confident and stronger in themselves and I started up kickboxing fitness classes, a high intensity training programme designed to deliver results specifically for women in May 2012, which lead us to opening WOF CrossFit in June 2013.
I love coaching and helping members to achieve amazing results through healthier lifestyle and positive mindset.
A good trainer helps you to build a habit you will keep for life. After all, becoming a different person means doing things which you may not be comfortable at first.
My current qualifications are:
- Diploma in Life coaching
- CrossFit level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Kids Trainer
- CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer
- CrossFit Mobility Trainer
- Nutritional Therapist Certification
- Bootcamp coach
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Kids Trainer
- CrossFit Strongman Trainer
- Personal Trainer level 4 certification
- CrossFit level 1 Trainer
- Motivation: I believe we should always strive to make yourself better, whether its physically, intellectually, spiritually, or mentally. I like working towards goals and I like people who are also motivated to succeed/become a better person.
- Honesty: Honesty with others and with yourself. Just say what you mean and do what you promise. Always live your truth, don’t cover up who you are to please people.
- Equality: I will always fight for the underdog.
- Bravery/Sense of Adventure/Take Risks: I like to try new things, go new places, meet new people and tackle new challenges. I like people who aren’t scared to do the same.
- Empathy/Kindness: Don’t be a dick.
- CrossFit level 1 trainer
- Mums and Bubs Coach
Find us at:
9A Wall Pl