There’s so much out there now in the way of health and wellness and ‘how to do it right’ when in fact there’s no right or wrong way to do it. Everyone’s journey is going to be different and it’s about finding what works for you and how to adapt it to your life style. Below I’m going to discuss what health tips I love and try to stick by, perhaps they’re the same as you, maybe they’re wildly different or maybe they’ll help you find some motivation to find your health values.

  • Move 3-4 times a week at least. This doesn’t have to be solely crossfit, it could mean a walk or run with a family member (the dog is my favourite) to stretch out the muscles, it could be a 30-minute stretch session at home after work if that’s all the day allows, or a yoga session. Crossfit is generally my go to, I love it, I see results quickly from it and it includes stretching during the class too, but any type of movement that uses muscles or elevates the heartrate is a tick for me.
  • 80/20 – I love this idea, and everyone’s take on it will be different but the general idea is 80% of the time you enjoy whole, nutritious food that serves you, and that leaves 20% for treats, meals with friends or family that serve your soul more than your body and the curve balls that eating out can throw you. Some people will divide their 80/20 into days, others, weeks and some are pretty relaxed about it and just keep it as a generic rule for their eating structure.
  • Supplements – I’m a big believer in supplements. In New Zealand our soils are so depleted of essential nutrients our bodies need, that we just can’t operate at peak levels all the time, and our bodies are missing key components. This is due to a number of reasons and if you research ‘Be Pure’ which is a business run by Hawkes Bay based Nutritionist Ben Warren, he has done a tonne of research into soil depletion and how it affects us.

These are my top 3, I do have a few more but these are my foundations that I find keep me grounded and on the right track.

Please enter your details below to receive our Free weight-loss guide

Click "SUBSCRIBE" above to accept WOF CrossFit's Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

You have Successfully Subscribed!